For this post I made Pesto Pasta Salad. This salad is best served as an accompaniment salad.
For the flavor I used basil leaves and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Both of these form the base of the flavor for the dish.
2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
1/4 cup finely grated Parminigano Reggiano cheese
1 Tbsp pine nuts
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t kosher salt
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Lightly toast pine nuts in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep a close eye – they burn very quickly!
- 2. Combine all of the ingredients except the oil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. With the motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until evenly incorporated. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then pulse to finish incorporating all of the ingredients until smooth.
1/2 pound small pasta shapes, such as covatelli, conchiglie, or penne
1/2 cup basil pesto
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 Ib fresh mozzarella bocconcini
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
To taste Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until completely tender. Drain and rinse well under cold water. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Combine the pesto and mayonnaise in a bowl. Pour over the pasta and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes and pesto to the pasta and stir and toss to combine. Add the bocconcini and olive oil and toss to combine.
- Garnish with the basil and Parmesan and serve right away.
Process of making the salad
Common Salad Ingredient’s
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Bell pepper
- Romaine lettuce
- Bell pepper’s
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ranch dressing
- Green olive
- Purple cabbage
- Black pepper
Bound salads are salads that generally made of hearty, non-salad leafy ingredients bound together by a thick dressing.
Some similar salad recipe’s – Accompaniment / Appetizers
Bacon & Cheese Broccoslaw Salad
- 1 pkg. Nino’s Broccoslaw (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Crisp Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, cut into 2″ thin slivers
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin slivers
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Kosher or Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 cup Nino’s Market Cole Slaw Dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a medium size, non-reactive bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour before serving.
Chilled Thai Shrimp and Pasta Salad with Lemon Grass
- 2 cups Farfalle Pasta, bow tie
- – Boiling Salted Water, as needed
- 16 ea. Extra Large Shrimp, cooked
- 1 cup Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 ea. Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Lemon Grass, fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Root, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Soy Vey Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated Peanuts (Optional Garnish)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse in cold water, drain well and place in a large bowl to toss.
- Add bok choy, red bell pepper and green onion and toss.
- Make dressing by whisking together lemon grass, ginger, jalapeno, teriyaki, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over tossed pasta and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into 4 servings and top each serving with 4 cooked shrimp and optional peanut garnish.
Honey Crunch Salad
- 1 Package Nino’s American Greens Salad Blend
- 2 each Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, cut in slivers
- 1 cup Honey Roasted Sesame Sticks
- 1 cup Dijon Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 1⁄2 lbs. Ninos Butcher Shop Brand Maple Bacon
- Toss together all ingredients with the exception of the Honey Roasted Sesame Sticks.
- Garnish with the Honey Roasted Sesame Sticks and serve chilled.